We are hiding from Hallowe’en this year … it’s partly because of the understandable death of the Harrington Hallowe’en Party, partly because Shannen isn’t in a position to partake in festivities as much as she has been in the past, and partly because “the best costume idea EVER!” didn’t hit me in September.
One of the problems is that the bar for costumes continues to get raised. Michelle always decides on her fab costume in February or so, and has it done in late August or early September. Group costumes have been well done the past few years, with DC comics a few years ago, and the Top Gun crew last year. And I personally peaked 2 years ago with my rendition of Richie Tenenbaum. I should have just quit then.
Some Hallowe’en bullets:
- Gary and Michelle started dating at a Hallowe’en pub in university. Man, Gary’s Spidey costume was sweet!
- You shouldn’t use toothpaste to spike your hair. It’s gross. I did it in my early teenage years. I forget what the costume was.
- I’d love to dress the cats up like dogs, and the dog like cats.
- Shannen and Jen aren’t fond of cabdrivers on Hallowe’en. They can be downright inconsiderate.
- Jon and I dressed up as Betty and Veronica one year. Pictures exist, but I’m glad I don’t have any of them.
Share your Hallowe’en highlights! Enjoy the pics below.