It has been WAY too long since I last put together one of these posts. And it is no way related to the level of goodness kicking around. Quite the opposite in fact, things have been lovely lately. Really, really lovely. So much so that I’m feeling the need to gush about all the things making me smile. Here goes:
1. THE REURN OF MAD MEN! Yes, this deserves all caps and an exclamation mark.
After a full season hiatus, the brilliant AMC show is finally making it’s much anticipated return to television on Sunday night.
I am SO excited. Dan and I talked about having a Mad Men inspired viewing party for our friends, but decided that no one would actually show up on a Sunday night at 9 pm. We are so old.
But no matter. We’ll tune in. We may have hors d’oeuvres. We may dress up in our fanciest. We may even enjoy a whiskey neat. (Ok, I won’t. Glass of red wine, maybe.). We’ll party like it’s 1965.
2. SPRING!! Number 2 is also deserving of all caps and exclamation marks. Out of nowhere we went from snow, wind and ice to summer-like temperatures requiring shorts, t-shirts and sandals. Though my feet were far from ready to be displayed publicly, I donned flip flops happily. That warm sun felt amazing.
The HOT days of this past week also scared me a little if it is any indication of what July/August will feel like, but I’m ready for the challenge. I have a pool in my backyard, so I come to battle armed. Bring on the heat.
3. Hardwood Floors. This deserves a post of it’s own, which is coming after the few last minute touches are taken care of so I can take a proper ‘after’ photo. But nevertheless, my new AMAZING floor looks too good not to mention. Dan worked hard and should be proud. I can’t stop staring at them…
4. Catching up with old friends. In Virginia last week I had the opportunity to meet up with two friends I hadn’t seen in some time. They were the among the first friends i made when I moved to Virginia 12 long years ago. In fact, to date us, at the time that we first started hanging out together, Survivor was airing its first season, you know, when it was good.
Anyway, there’s just something so therapeutic about spending time with people you adore and telling of stories that begin with, ‘remember the time when…’. We had so many of those that night. Thanks R and K, until next time…May?
5. Babies. March seems to be the month of babies. I know 784 people who turn a year older this month (happy birthday, btw) but I also know a few people who have already had babies and a couple of friends who are about to welcome their first tiny ones this month. New littles make me smile.
What’s making you happy today?