It’s Friday, but it barely feels like it. I’m not sure if it because I haven’t breathed outside air since Wednesday morning, or if it because I am so sleep deprived that I was just unsure what day it was at all – but here we are. Friday. And it’s a good one.
1. MY SON – I think you saw this one coming. My baby boy was born this week and although I’m sleep deprived, sore and wanting to be at home rather than in a hospital for the third night in a row, I am elated. In love. Head over heels. Smitten. Wes is such a sweet little boy. He has charmed the pants off the nurses, who steal him from me at every opportunity. He also seems to have won over our friends and family who have popped in for visits over the past couple of days.
His sleep schedule is still a little off – but at just 60 hours old now, that’s to be expected. As I type this, he is happily dozing beside me. Why am I not sleeping you ask? Well, my whole sleep schedule is actually more off than his. The nurses here, though amazing and BEYOND helpful, have a knack for coming into the room mere minutes after I fall asleep. Every. Single. Time. And once I’m awake, I’m awake.
2. GOING HOME – Tomorrow. You never appreciate home more than when you’ve been away. Especially when you’ve been away at the hospital. Though they take good care of you, I miss my house. My bed. My kitchen. My couch. And most of all, My Jaia. She’s been at the hospital every day, but it’s not the same. I long to lay with her and read a book or draw a picture to hang on the fridge. I can’t wait.
3. BIG SISTER PARTY – Cake is ordered. My mom has taken care of all the details. Tomorrow at noon, we’ll be celebrating Jaia as a big sister. She sort of knows about it but will still be so surprised. Pictures will follow.
4. BABY FEET – They make me happy. No explanation necessary.
5. RESEMBLANCE – Wes looks exactly like Jaia did when she was born. I mean, identical. It’s kind of creepy. So much so that I’ve actually referred to him as ‘her’ a few times. But it makes me happy. I’d hoped they would look at least a little alike and I got my wish. So awesome.
Ok, since Dan and Wes are both sawing logs in the room with me, I might as well try to sleep too, that is until the nurse comes in. 😉