Unbelievably, one month has already passed since Jaia arrived. It’s been a month of amazing discoveries.
So far I’ve discovered that:
- something that tiny really can turn me to mush.
- I can function quite well on half the sleep I’m used to getting.
- I thought I was a light sleeper before…and it only got worse.
- it still surprises me what Dan can sleep through.
- Jaia makes about a million hilarious faces every day.
- baby farts are often as loud as grown-up farts.
- babies do grow out of some of their cutest outfits before they have a chance to wear them.
- a stolen moment to check my email or blog is usually cut to 30 seconds, when Jaia decides that she’s had about enough of that.
- being ‘off’ work for a year doesn’t mean that you have free time.
- time to myself now includes grabbing a quick shower, doing laundry or going to the bathroom.
- nothing is cuter than baby footwear, except for a baby wearing the footwear (see below, Thanks Kris!).
- without hesitation, it’s all worth it.